So, you’ve had your baby, your body has healed from childbirth and you are back to your old self. It’s been a while and you can’t wait to get back to the swing of things.
Here is how to give your bedroom a simple makeover and set the mood…
- A bedroom that is full of clutter is not conducive for romance. Get rid of clutter, keep it neat.
- Cleanliness brings with it some freshness. Clean the entire bedroom thoroughly, including the beddings.
- Decorate the room with his favourite colours…(note – not your colours!)
- Invest in a good mattress and pillows. Add a few extra soft pillows, and one or two firm ones in case these are preferred!
- An attractive set of bed sheets give that luxury feel to the bed. If he loves flowers, then get flowery ones!
- Light some scented candles. The soft glow of candles often sets the mood for love.
- Get soothing massage oils. A sensuous massage is perfect for relaxation and a prelude to a romantic evening. Kick-start the massage session, rather than ask “will you massage me”. That way your turn will come naturally…
- Play some music in your bedroom; get a selection that you and your spouse find romantic.
- A bouquet of flowers can add colour and ambiance to your bedroom.
- Your appearance also matters a lot. Take a bath, brush your teeth, dab on your skin a bit of your favourite perfume and dress up in sexy lingerie.
- Switch off your cell phones. The only exceptions should be urgent or emergency family calls. Otherwise, the phone is a distraction.