It is important to get your children started out on veggies early on in life and there are veggies that infants will find easy to digest and nutritious.
Broccoli Soup. Age: 12 to 24 month (or whole family to enjoy).
- 1 large or two medium broccoli clusters (as fresh as possible)
- Salt –note very small pinch for children and/or to taste for the rest of the family (3 tsp.)
- Olive Oil
- Bring water to a boil in a large stock pot.
- Add the salt (please remember the amount depending on the persons eating). Add broccoli florets and boil rapidly.
- Your broccoli is ready when you can pierce it with little or no effort.
- Remove the stock pan from the stove burner.
- DO NOT POUR THE WATER OUT!
- Use a slotted spoon to add broccoli to a blender but be careful because it’s boiling hot!
- Pour enough of the water left over from cooking the broccoli to fill the blender half way.
- Use several pulses on your blender to break the broccoli up and then puree for several seconds.
- Pour soup into shallow bowl.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil and serve at once! Delicious!
Your little children and the whole family will love this healthy soup.